Solis SAB 414i Semi-Micro and Analytical Balance (410g Capacity)
Suitable for use in manufacturing, research or education, the Solis SAB 414i Semi-Micro and Analytical Balance (410g Capacity) is a highly precise and easy to use balance. It has a capacity of 220g and a four decimal point readability, making it ideal for weighing small, light or fine samples.
Please note that a calibration certificate for this device must be purchased at the same time by ticking the box at the top of the page. You cannot purchase this certificate for a balance or scale that has already been ordered.
What Are Semi-Micro Analytical Balances?
Semi-micro analytical balances are one of the most precise types of laboratory balances, second only to micro balances. They therefore have high readabilities, (i.e. measurements will have more decimal places) are usually designed to measure smaller samples and are able to detect slight changes in mass.
Applications for the Solis SAB 414i Semi-Micro and Analytical Balance
With a capacity range of between 10mg and 220g, the Solis SAB 414i Balance is a great choice for those working with very fine substances like medicines and powders. Its ability to track very small changes in mass makes it useful in many laboratory centred applications, including:
- Quality Assurance
- Science Education
- Production and Manufacturing
- Precision Counting
- Parts counting
- Percentage weighing
- Weighing moving subjects (e.g. animals, insects)
- Determining density
- Peak hold
What Is the Capacity of the Solis SAB 414i Balance?
The SAB Balance has a wide capacity range of 10mg - 410g, and a superb readability of 0.0001g. It is therefore suitable for measuring very small samples to a highly precise and accurate figure, making it particularly useful for the pharmaceutical industry.
How Do I Use the Solis SAB 414i Semi-Micro and Analytical Balance?
Designed to guarantee quick and efficient operation, the Solis SAB 414i has a bright, high resolution display, and clearly marked arrow keys. However, if you'd like detailed instructions on the set-up and use of your Precision Balance, refer to the PDF Instruction Manual below:
|User Instructions |
Fitted with many state-of-the-art features, the SAB Balance offers outstanding usability in addition to accuracy. It has a bright high resolution display for optimum visibility, an icon-based menu and self-calibration which can help you save time on test preparations.
How Do I Calibrate the Solis SAB 414i Balance?
This Solis Balance is self-calibrating, meaning it does not require manual calibration before use. This feature is often desirable in busy, high-end labs as there less preparation time is required and the scale can calibrate itself with greater consistency.
Date and Time Printouts for Data Traceability
To enable proper data tracking according to Good Laboratory Practise (GLP) guidelines, printouts supplied by the Solis SAB are marked with the date and time. This can help you maintain efficient, organised operation in laboratory settings.
To help deter thieves and stop the balance from being taken to unauthorised areas, it is fitted with a slot for Kensington-type locks and cables. You can use this feature to secure your balance overnight, or to keep it from being moved off of a designated surface.
Specifications of the Solis SAB 414i Semi-Micro and Analytical Balance
- Capacity: 410g
- Readability: 0.0001g
- Repeatability: 0.35mg
- Calibration: External Calibration
- Pan Size: 80mm diameter
- Power Supply: 24V 50/60Hz 500mA adapter (AC adaptor included with purchase)
- Interface: RS-232 (for computers and printers), USB (for memory cards etc.)
- Total Weight: 7kg
- Weighing Units: g, mg, lb, oz, ct, GN, dwt, mm, ozt, T, tl.H, tl.S, tl.T, custom unit
- Time to Stabilisation: 4 seconds
- Materials: ABS Plastic
- Linearity: 0.0005g
- Operating Temperature: 10° to 30°C
- Display: High resolution graphic display with large figures (15mm)
- Draught Shield Dimensions (WxDxH): 192 x 195 x 230mm
- Overall Dimensions (WxDxH): 224 x 374 x 338mm
Key Features and Benefits
- Minimalistic keypad with clearly marked arrow buttons improves usability
- High resolution display is clear and easy to read
- Glass shield reduces the effect of environmental factors like static and draughts
- Printouts are marked with date and time for improved data tracking
- Security slot for Kensington lock and cable reduces risk of theft
- Digital filtering allows you to factor in vibrations for a reduced effect on results
- RS-232 interface enables quick communication to computers and printers
- Spirit level and adjustable feet make it easier to attain reliable results
- Multilingual functionality makes balance more widely accessible
Are Other Models Available?
The Solis Semi-Micro and Analytical Balance is available in seven other models with varying capacities and calibration types. Further details and links to these models can be found in the table below:
All Adam Equipment scales and balances are calibrated before dispatch, and information on their performance and accuracy is recorded on their calibration certificates. You must purchase this certificate at the same time as your scale or balance by ticking the Adam Equipment Calibration Certificate box at the top of the page.