Purekeys Wireless Medical Keyboard
In healthcare environments, it's vital that infection control and hygiene maintenance can be carried out in all areas. However, conventional computer accessories often feature difficult to clean gaps where bacteria can grow and thrive, posing a risk to healthcare practitioners and patients alike.
The Purekeys Wireless Medical Keyboard is an invaluable solution for anybody working in healthcare facilities, facilitating easy and proper hygiene that is crucial to health care environments. Its completely flat design makes it easy to wipe down and leaves no space for germs to develop.
Key Features of the Purekeys Wireless Keyboard
The key features and benefits of the Purekeys Wireless Medical Keyboard are:
- Completely flat surface makes cleaning extremely simple without need for immersion – no crevices where bacteria can lurk
- Purekeys are unique compared with other flat keyboards in having real 'scissor' type keys with excellent feedback and tactile response
- Silicon based cover is non-allergenic and can be cleaned with hospital grade antibacterial fluids
- Dedicated 'Clean Key' disables inputs while cleaning is in process
- Connects easily to any Microsoft Windows-based PC
- The Purekeys keyboard includes 4 optional self-stick magnets to attach the keyboard to any surface
Completely Flat for Effective Hygiene Maintenance
Each Purekeys Keyboard is uniquely designed with a keyboard that features a completely flat surface with no grooves, edges or gaps anywhere. This not only ensures that nothing can be dropped or get stuck between the keys, but also enables proper cleaning of the keyboard to be performed.
Effective cleaning is something which research shows is difficult to achieve even in medical environments with conventional keyboards. The Purekeys Keyboard is silicon based which enables hospital grade cleaning to ensure that it can be completely sterilised regularly and easily.
Tactile Feedback for Easier Typing
Despite its flat surface, the Purekeys keyboard offers an exceptional level of tactile feedback. Using 'scissor' type keys (the kind found in conventional keyboards, the Purekeys wireless keyboard makes typing easy and natural, and even facilitates touch typing for quicker data input.
Why use the Purekeys Wireless Medical Keyboard?
Much research has proven that keyboards can and do have high levels of bacteria on them that often multiplies rapidly due to infrequent sanitising of the keyboard. This problem is particularly acute in hospital and aged care environments, as keyboards are often shared by many people - dramatically increasing the risk that potential illness causing bacteria will be passed on to patients' surroundings or to them directly.
The Purekeys Wireless Keyboard is a simple solution to combat this issue as part of your infection control program.
The technical specifications of the Purekeys Wireless Medical Keyboard are:
- Dimensions: 457 x 148mm
- Weight 950g (incl. 4 x AAA batteries)
- IP Classification: IP66 (can be cleaned with liquid disinfectants)
- Interface: RF 2.4GHz, easy installation, dongle already paired
- Approvals: CE, FCC
- Warranty: 2 year limited warranty
- Battery life: 2 - 4 years
Please note that the Purekeys Wireless Medical Keyboard is supplied with a UK layout.
If you would like the complementary mouse to go with the keyboard, click here for the Purekeys Disinfectible Wireless Mouse with Touch Scroll.