Marsden MBF-6000 Body Composition Floor Scale
Measuring body composition is a key way to understand a patient's health and fitness. The Marsden MBF-6000 Body Composition Floor Scale provides an accurate and detailed reading of a patient's body composition, helping doctors and other medical professionals to better understand the health of their patient.
More Accurate Than Other Body Composition Scales
Developed alongside Hull York Medical School, the MBF-6000's algorithm has been proven to produce results closer to dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry (DEXA) than any other scale. This helps you and your patient to get measurements as accurate as possible fast.
The MBF-6000 provides the following information, printed out instantly:
- Basal metabolic rate (BMR): this is the rate the body uses energy while at rest to maintain vital functions
- Fat free mass (FFM): all body components except fat
- Fat mass: amount of fat in the patient's body
- Fat percentage: percentage of the patient's body that is fat (including essential body fat and storage body fat)
- Total body water (TBW): amount of fluid in the patient's body (shown as a percentage of total body weight)
This provides an incredibly high level of detailed information, helping doctors to better understand their patient and the next best course of action.
Suitable for Pharmacies
As well as being great for hospitals, the MBF-6000 is also Class III and MDD approved. This makes them fantastic for pharmacies looking to take part in NHS preventative health programmes.
Ease of Use Features
The scale is also incredibly easy to use. A full numeric keypad makes it easy to enter height information. The MBF-6000 features two large and clear screens – one for weight and one for height – making it easier to take down accurate readings.
A tare function enables you to take into account clothing weight for more accurate readings, and a hold function holds the weight on the screen to more easily take note of the reading.
Key Features of the Marsden MBF-6000 Body Composition Floor Scale
The key features of the Marsden MBF-6000 Body Composition Floor Scale are:
- Class III and MDD approved
- Measures BMR, TBW, FFM, fat mass, fat percentage, weight and BMI
- Numerical keypad makes entering height easy and fast
- Incredibly accurate results – closer to DEXA than any other scale
- Great for hospitals and pharmacies for NHS prevention programmes
- Printer included for permanent record of patient body composition
- Hold and tare functions help ensure accurate results and readings
Technical Specifications of the Marsden MBF-6000 Body Composition Floor Scale
The technical specifications of the Marsden MBF-6000 Body Composition Floor Scale are:
- Capacity: 300kg
- Graduations: 100g
- Weight of scale: 9.5kg
- Power supply: mains adaptor
- Dimensions: 340 x 450 x 80mm