Luna LAB 84e Analytical Balance (80g Capacity)
Featuring high levels of sensitivity and accuracy, the Luna LAB 84e Analytical Balance (80g Capacity) is ideal for measuring fine or dynamic materials in designated locations. With a small capacity of 80g and a precise readability of 0.0001g, it can detect incremental changes in mass, so is a great choice for pharmaceutical applications. The LAB 84e is more sensitive to disturbances than average balances, so should only be used in carefully controlled environments like laboratories.
Please note that a calibration certificate for this device must be purchased at the same time by ticking the box at the top of the page. You cannot purchase this certificate for a balance or scale that has already been ordered.
What Are Analytical Balances?
Analytical balances can be used to measure very small samples to a high level of accuracy. While they have a lower load capacity than top loading balances, they are typically more precise and more sensitive to very slight changes in mass.
Applications for the Luna LAB 84e Analytical Balance
Due to the sensitivity of the LAB Luna scale, it can be used to effectively count pills, or other small materials, and can also weigh moving subjects like insects. It is therefore suitable for a range of applications, including:
- Parts counting
- Percentage weighing
- Dynamic weighing (e.g. liquids, animals)
- Determining density
- Cumulative weighing
What Is the Capacity of the Luna LAB 84e Balance?
The capacity of the Luna LAB 84e Balance ranges from 0.01g - 80g, with a readability of 0.0001g. As it is designed to accurately measure minute samples, the pan cannot accommodate large loads. However, the Luna Balance does have a function that allows you to add several sample weights together in a cumulative fashion.
How Do I Calibrate the Luna LAB 84e Analytical Balance?
The Luna LAB 84e Balance requires external or manual calibration before use. To do this, you will need to place objects with a known weight on the balance and check that it returns the correct measurement.
Date and Time Printouts for Data Traceability
In adherence with Good Laboratory Practise (GLP) guidelines, data printouts supplied by the Luna LAB Balance are time and date stamped for improved traceability. This can help you keep track of your processes for a more functional, organised laboratory environment.
Highly Accessible Functionality
To ensure the balance can be operated effectively without prior training, it features intuitive navigation with colour-coded buttons. Additionally, it has a bright LCD display with 24mm high figures for maximum visibility, and a multilingual software catering to different regions.
Due to their high sensitivity, analytical balances require a very stable set up to return more reliable results. To make this easy for you to achieve, the Luna LAB 84e comes with a level indicator and adjustable feet that allow you to quickly and effectively set the balance up before use.
What Security Features Does This Balance Have?
As this balance is a valuable, high tech piece of lab equipment it has been fitted with a security feature to help reduce the risk of theft. This consists of a security slot for Kensington-type locks and cables, which can prevent a balance from being taken out of a lab or work place.
Specifications of the Luna LAB 84e Analytical Balance
- Capacity: 80g
- Readability: 0.0001g
- Repeatability: 0.0001g
- Calibration: External Calibration
- Pan Size: 80mm diameter
- Power Supply: 18VDC 50/60Hz 830mA adapter
- Interface: RS-232 (for computers and printers), USB (for memory cards etc.)
- Total Weight: 5.8kg
- Weighing Units: mg, g, ct, GN, N, dr, oz, ozt, dwt, mm, tl.T, tl.H, tl.S, T, custom unit
- Time to Stabilisation: 2 seconds
- Materials: ABS Plastic
- Linearity: 0.0002g
- Operating Temperature: 15° to 35°C
- Display: Backlit LCD screen featuring 24mm high digits
- Chamber Dimensions: 192 x 195 x 230mm (WxDxH)
- Overall Dimensions: 224 x 374 x 338mm (WxDxH)
Key Features and Benefits
- Bright backlit LCD screen can be seen in dark or light settings
- Draught shield minimises wind, vibrations and static
- Printouts are marked with date and time for improved data tracking
- Security slot of Kensington-type lock for theft prevention
- Colour-coded buttons help users find popular functions
- Stainless steel pan can be easily cleaned and maintained
- Digital filtering function allows you to prepare balance for living, moving organisms
- RS-232 interface enables straightforward connection to computers and printers
- Spirit level and adjustable feet for optimal stability before readings
- Multilingual display makes balance more widely accessible
- Hold function allows you to freeze measurement so it does not have to be used immediately
Are Other Models Available?
The Luna Analytical Balance is available in seven other models with varying capacities and calibration types. Further details and links to these models can be found in the table below:
All Adam Equipment scales and balances are calibrated before dispatch, and information on their performance and accuracy is recorded on their calibration certificates. You must purchase this certificate at the same time as your scale or balance by ticking the Adam Equipment Calibration Certificate box at the top of the page.