LimbO Child Full Leg Waterproof Cast and Dressing Protector
The LimbO Child Full Leg Waterproof Cast and Dressing Protector is a waterproof cast protector for children, designed to help them bathe or shower with a leg injury without their cast getting wet. It is self-sealing for ease of use, and the durable design is perfect for use by children.
What Is the LimbO Child Full Leg Waterproof Cast Protector For?
The LimbO Child Full Leg Cast and Dressing Protector is designed to keep a child's cast dry during showering, bathing or swimming in a pool. It can fit most children under the age of 13, and is designed for injuries where the cast covers the knee. Key points include:
- Protect your cast while showering, bathing or swimming in a pool
- Fit easily around your cast via a neoprene seal
- Skin-friendly and suitable for repeated use
- Completely waterproof material
- Improves your quality of life
- For ankle injuries, broken legs, ankle sprains and more
Which Ages Can Use the LimbO Full Leg Protector?
The LimbO Full Leg Protector is designed for use by children between the ages of 3 to 13. For full sizing information please view our sizing chart.
Which Injuries Can I Use the LimbO Full Leg Waterproof Cast Protector For?
The LimbO Full Leg Cast Protector can be used with most leg injuries. This can include using it for broken legs, fractures, sprained ankles and more. It doesn't matter as long as the cast covers the majority of the leg.
Sizing of the LimbO Child Full Leg Cast and Dressing Protector
There are five versions available for the LimbO Full Leg Protector that depend on your child's age. Please select the relevant age from the drop down menu above.
|Age ||LimbO Length ||Limb Circumference ||Max. Cast Circumference |
|3 Years ||53cm ||25 - 34cm ||40cm |
|4 - 5 Years ||58cm ||25 - 34cm ||40cm |
|6 - 7 Years ||61cm ||35 - 39cm ||44cm |
|8 - 10 Years ||73cm ||39 - 54cm ||57cm |
|11 - 13 Years ||83cm ||39 - 54cm ||57cm |
How Does the LimbO Full Leg Cast and Dressing Protector Work?
The LimbO Full Leg Protector includes a seal-sealing ring around the top of a neoprene bag-style protector. Once you've fitted the protector, it will seal above the cast, preventing water from getting inside during showering and bathing. The protector is completely waterproof, ensuring that your cast will not be damaged.
How Do I I Use the LimbO Child Full Leg Cast Protector?
Fitting your Limbo Cast Protector is designed to be easy. To wear it correctly, please follow the below guidelines:
- Putting the LimbO on:
- Using your thumb and forefinger, carefully grip your LimbO seal and insert your limb and cast into the opening
- Draw it up easing the black seal over the cast or bandage
- Secure Your LimbO:
- Pull the LimbO down slightly so that the seal reverses itself, allowing the inner surface of the seal to come into direct contact with your skin
- Ensure that the seal of the LimbO lays flat against the skin and is wrinkle-free
- Remove trapped air to avoid floating by lifting the seal and squeezing out the air
- After Your Shower or Bath:
- Carefully roll the seal back on itself a little, before easing it over your cast
- Hang your LimbO upside down to dry
How Durable Is the LimbO Full Leg Protector?
It's important that children have a durable protector as they may be prone to messing with or trying to damage the protector. The LimbO is designed to be durable, ensuring that it should withstand anything that a child may have to throw at it.
How Waterproof Is the LimbO Cast Protector?
The LimbO Cast Protector is designed using waterproof neoprene, meaning that as long it is sealed correctly it will not allow any water inside the cast. The protector is easy to use, so you shouldn't have too much trouble ensuring that no water is leaked.
How Comfortable Is the Waterproof Cast and Dressing Protector?
The Waterproof Cast Protector is designed using a comfortable PVC, nylon and neoprene blend that ensures comfort during use. The material doesn't feel irritable on the skin, in part thanks to the adhesive and latex-free design.
Can I Reuse the LimbO Plaster Cast and Dressing Protector?
Yes, the LimbO Cast Protector is suitable for repeated use. Please note, we recommend hanging the protector up after use so that it can dry.
What Materials Are Used On the LimbO Plaster Protector?
Please note that this product is non-returnable on the grounds of hygiene, meaning that it is imperative that you select the correct size when ordering.