LifeVac Wall-Mounted Airway Clearance Device Kit
Specifically recommended for use within the care sector, the LifeVac Wall-Mounted Airway Clearance Device Kit enables the user to keep the handy box in environments that come with an increased choking risk. The kit is equipped to deal with a choking individual by removing obstructions in the airway and includes several masks to suit most people.
What's Included with the Wall-Mounted LifeVac Device?
Included with the LifeVac Wall Kit are all the tools necessary for an airway clearance emergency:
- 1 x LifeVac EMS Airway Clearance Device
- 1 x Wall Mounted Storage Box
- 2 x Medium Adult Masks
- 1 x Small Adult Mask
- 1 x A3 Laminated Basic Life Support Poster
- 1 x Instruction Booklet
- 1 x Feedback Form
Who Can Use the LifeVac?
Designed for use in choking emergencies as an efficient alternative to the Heimlich method, the LifeVac is essential for use in the following environments:
- Schools/childcare centers
- Healthcare facilities
- Nursing homes
- Shopping centers
How Does the LifeVac Wall-Mounted Kit Work?
Designed to be at hand in environments with a higher risk of a choking crisis, the LifeVac Wall-Mounted Airway Clearance Device Kit has a patented one-way valve system that prevents air being forced through the mask when depressed. This creates one-way suction to safely and effectively remove the lodged food or object.
Is Non-Invasive Airway Clearance Safe?
Non-invasive airway clearance has a number of benefits including the following:
- No risk of damaging the oral cavity
- No risk of pushing the obstruction further down
- No risk of pushing the tongue back in panic situations
- No tubes that can become blocked
- No tubes activating the gag reflex and putting the casualty at greater risk
How Can the Wall-Mounted LifeVac Help In the Care Sector?
The Wall-Mounted LifeVac is intended to be accessible within locations where choking is an increased hazard. The kit includes a wall mounting hook to ensure the device is safe and at hand when most needed.
How Do I Know Which Mask to Use?
Masks for the LifeVac device are available in four sizes that should be suitable for all ages. Each size is colour coordinated for easier identification when needed, please see below for details:
|Size ||Colour |
|Small ||Yellow |
|Medium ||Green |
|Large ||Orange |
|Extra Large ||Red |
Please note that the size needed for use depends on the size of the person choking and the size of their features.
What Other Versions of the LifeVac Are Available?
The LifeVac is available in three kits that are well suited to different uses:
- LifeVac Wall-Mounted Kit: Supplied in a wall-mounted box ideal for care homes and areas with a high risk of choking
- LifeVac Standard: Well suited to use in houses and smaller businesses