Equinox EPB 2103i Precision Balance (2100g Capacity)
The Equinox EPB 2103i Precision Balance (2100g Capacity) is a durable balance ideal for measuring large loads in laboratory environments. As it has a capacity range of 100mg - 2100g, it allows you to measure bigger objects or samples, but has lower precision and readability than Equinox semi-micro analytical balances. With a readability of 0.001g, it still returns very precise measurements and is fitted with a draught shield which protects light samples like powder from being blown off the pan.
Please note that a calibration certificate for this device must be purchased at the same time by ticking the box at the top of the page. You cannot purchase this certificate for a balance or scale that has already been ordered.
What Are Precision Balances?
Precision balances are also known as 'top loading balances'. They don't provide the same level of precision as analytical or semi-micro balances, but are usually able to measure larger sample sizes with a far greater precision than standard scales, making them ideal for use in production, manufacturing or research.
Applications for the Equinox EPB 2103i Precision Balance
Capable of precisely measuring loads weighing up to 2100g, the EPB 2103i Precision Balance is suitable for use in a number of applications, including:
- Quality Assurance
- Science Education
- Production and Manufacturing
- Precision Counting
- Dynamic weighing (e.g. animal weighing)
What Is the Capacity of the Equinox Balance?
The capacity of the EPB 2103i Balance ranges from 100mg - 2100g, with a readability of 0.001g. As it is suitable for measuring large samples and can still return a highly precise figure, it is a great choice for use in production or quality assurance.
How Do I Operate the Equinox EPB 2103i Precision Balance?
The Equinox EPB 2103i balance has an easy-to-read 5" (800 x 480 pixels) display for optimal visibility. The display is touchscreen and features a pictorial menu that can be easily operated no matter how tech savvy you are. For detailed information on the set-up and use of your Equinox EPB Balance, please see the PDF Instruction Manual below:
|User Instructions for the Equinox EPB 2103i Precision Balance |
How Do I Calibrate the Equinox EPB 2103i Precision Balance?
The EPB 2103i Balance has an in-built automatic calibration function. This means the scale won't require such extensive preparation before use and can be pre-set to adjust itself in the event of a power cut or if environmental factors change.
Date and Time Printouts for Data Traceability
In adherence with Good Laboratory Practise (GLP) guidelines, data printouts supplied by the Equinox EPB are time and date stamped for improved traceability. This can help you keep track of your processes for a more functional, organised laboratory environment.
What Security Features Does This Balance Have?
This balance comes with both physical and software-based security features. Firstly, the software allows users to make password-protected accounts, so settings cannot be changed and data cannot be accessed without proper authorisation. Secondly, a security slot compatible with Kensington-type locks can be engaged so the balance can't be taken out of the work place.
Specifications of the Equinox EPB 2103i Precision Balance (2100g Capacity)
- Capacity: 2100g
- Readability: 0.001g
- Repeatability: 0.001g
- Calibration: Internal Automatic Calibration
- Pan Size: 110mm diameter
- Power Supply: 24V 50/60Hz 500mA adapter (AC adaptor included in purchase)
- Interface: RS-232 (for computers and printers), USB (for memory cards etc.)
- Total Weight: 6.9kg
- Weighing Units: g, mg, ct, GN, lb, oz, dwt, mm, ozt, tl.H, tl.S, tl.T, T and custom unit
- Time to Stabilisation: 3 seconds
- Materials: ABS Plastic
- Linearity: 0.003g
- Operating Temperature: 10° to 30°C
- Display Size: 5" (800 x 480 pixels)
- Dimensions: 224 x 374 x 219mm (WxDxH)
Key Features and Benefits
- 5" colour touch-screen display is easy to read and interact with
- Glass shield protects against draughts and static
- Printouts are marked with date and time for more coherent data tracking
- Digital filtering function allows you to factor in vibrations and other environmental disturbances
- 3000 item database allows you to save items, sample weights and check weighing limits
- In-built tare function (resets measurement to zero) allows you to measure samples with containers, and improves repeatability
- RS-232 interface enables straightforward connection to computers and printers
- Security measurements protect data and prevent unwanted setting changes
- Spirit level and adjustable feet for easy set-up
- Multilingual display makes balance more widely accessible
Are Other Models Available?
The Equinox EPB 2103i Precision Balance (6200g Capacity) is available in 10 other models, each with a varying maximum capacity or calibration type. The table below showcases these differing features and contain a link to each model.
All Adam Equipment scales and balances are calibrated before dispatch, and information on their performance and accuracy is recorded on their calibration certificates. You must purchase this certificate at the same time as your scale or balance by ticking the Adam Equipment Calibration Certificate box at the top of the page.