Equinox EAB 125i Semi-Micro and Analytical Balance
Designed for controlled laboratory environments, the Equinox EAB 125i Semi-Micro and Analytical Balance can provide highly precise measurements. With a dual maximum capacity of 62g/120g, and a consequent readability of 0.01mg/ 0.1mg, the Equinox EAB is versatile and offers great value for money. Thanks to its clear colour display and pictorial touch-screen, it is easy to operate, and to store and access important data.
Please note that a calibration certificate for this device must be purchased at the same time by ticking the box at the top of the page. You cannot purchase this certificate for a balance or scale that has already been ordered.
What Is the Difference Between a Semi-Micro and Analytical Balance?
Semi-micro balances are typically used to measure samples with small masses. They provide higher readabilities (i.e. measurements will have more decimal places) than analytic balances. As a result, they can be used in constant environments where fine samples like powders need to be measured, however they are not as precise as micro balances.
Applications for the Equinox EAB 125i Semi-Micro and Analytical Balance
Designed to deliver highly precise measurements in stable settings, the Equinox EAB Semi-Micro Analytical Balance can be used for a number of lab-centred applications, including:
- Quality Assurance
- Science Education
- Production and Manufacturing
- Precision Counting
What Is the Capacity of The Equinox Balance?
Offering a dual maximum capacity of either 62g or 120g, the Equinox Balance is suitable for a number of applications. The lower capacity (62g) allows you to measure samples to a higher degree of precision, with a readability of 0.01mg. The higher capacity allows you to measure samples with higher masses, albeit with a less precise readability of 0.1mg.
How Do I Operate the Equinox EAB 125i Semi-Micro and Analytical Balance?
Featuring a coloured 4.9" (800 x 4800 pixels) touch-screen and an icon-based menu, the Equinox Balance is incredibly easy to configure and operate. You can find detailed information on the set-up and use of your Equinox EAB Balance in the PDF Instruction Manual below:
|User Instructions for the Equinox EAB 125i Semi-Micro and Analytical Balance |
How Do I Calibrate the Equinox EAB 125i Semi-Micro and Analytical Balance?
The EAB 125i Balance is fitted with in-built internal self-calibration, so no manual calibration is required. This balance is therefore ideal for use in busy, fast-paced environments as no preparation is required and the balance can be programmed to re-adjust itself if there are changes in the environment or if there is a sudden loss of power
Date and Time Printouts for Data Traceability
To enable proper data tracking according to Good Laboratory Practise (GLP) guidelines, printouts supplied by the Equinox EAB are marked with the date and time. This can help you maintain efficient, organised operation in laboratory settings.
A password protection function ensures you can protect your data from unauthorised access. This also allows you to protect your settings as a user's password must be entered before the balance's functions can be altered on a specific account.
Specifications of the Equinox EAB 125i Semi-Micro and Analytical Balance
- Capacity: 62g/120g
- Readability: 0.01mg/0.1mg
- Repeatability: 0.03mg/0.1mg
- Calibration: Internal Automatic Calibration
- Pan Size: 80mm diameter
- Power Supply: 24V 50 / 60Hz 500mA adapter (AC adaptor included with purchase)
- Interface: RS-232 (for computers and printers), USB (for memory cards etc.)
- Total Weight: 7.2kg
- Weighing Units: g, mg, ct, GN, lb, oz, dwt, mm, ozt, tl.H, tl.S, tl.T, T and custom unit
- Time to Stabilisation: 6 seconds
- Materials: ABS Plastic
- Linearity: 0.08mg/0.2mg
- Operating Temperature: 10° to 30°C
- Display Size: 4.9" (800 x 4800 pixles)
- Draught Shield Dimensions (WxDxH): 192 x 195 x 230mm
- Overall Dimensions (WxDxH): 224 x 374 x 338mm
Key Features and Benefits
- 4.9" colour touch-screen display is easy to read and interact with
- Glass shield protects against vibration, draughts and static
- Printouts are marked with date and time for responsible data tracking
- Digital filtering function allows you to factor in vibrations and other environmental disturbances
- 3000 item database allows you to save items, sample weights and check weighing limits
- In-built tare function (resets measurement to zero) allows you to measure samples with containers, and improves repeatability
- RS-232 interface enables straightforward connection to computers and printers
- Security measurements protect data and prevent unwanted setting changes
- Spirit level and adjustable feet for easy set-up
- Multilingual display makes balance more widely accessible
Are Other Models Available?
The Equinox EAB Semi-Micro and Analytical Balance is available in nine other models, each with a varying maximum capacity or calibration type. The table below showcases these differing features and contains a link to each model.
All Adam Equipment scales and balances are calibrated before dispatch, and information on their performance and accuracy is recorded on their calibration certificates. You must purchase this certificate at the same time as your scale or balance by ticking the Adam Equipment Calibration Certificate box at the top of the page.