Daray X340 LED Medical Examination Light
The Daray X340 LED Medical Examination Light uses a versatile spring-balanced suspension arm to manoeuvre its bright, 64,000 Lux, six LED lamp-head. With an impressive number of mounting options, this light is ideal for almost all medical examination procedures.
What Are the Benefits of the Daray X340 LED Medical Examination Light?
With six powerful LEDs, this medical examination lamp offers excellent illumination which is adjustable to your needs. Its spring balanced arms allow for precise, effortless adjustment of its extra bright 64,000 Lux light.
How Do I Use the Daray X340 LED Examination Light?
There is a single switch and intensity adjuster located beside the head which can be used to quickly turn on, adjust or turn off the light. When in use it can be adjusted with a single hand, and the BioProtect coating and easy wipe-down construction help to prevent any risk of cross-contamination.
How Easy Is It to Reposition the Lamp-Head?
The spring balanced suspension arms in all models of this examination lamp allow for effortless repositioning. There is a handle by the head that can be readjusted with a single hand. Once left in place the lamp-head will not move, allowing you to use your hands where you need them.
What Are the Features of the Daray X340 LED Examination Light?
For the clearest and most hassle-free examination possible the X340 comes with the following features:
Brilliant illumination – reaches up to 64,000 Lux for clear tissue colour
Adjustable intensity – can be moved between 10% and 100% for bespoke lighting
Spring balanced arm – provides both manoeuvrability and rigidity, for light which stay in place once positioned
Cool colour temperature – facilitates excellent colour rendering and clarity
Extremely cool running – with less than a 2ºC temperature increase at the bulb, guards against discomfort for patient and practitioner
Energy efficient – saves you money while saving the environment
Fully recyclable – further prevents environmental consequences after disposal
Free from harmful chemicals – including mercury, lead or CFCs
Even intensity over a large area – results in intuitive use and prevents distortion from occurring outside the centre of illumination
BioProtect – anti-microbial coating helps to reduce the risk of cross contamination
How Bright Is the Illumination?
This six LED light is able to achieve an impressive 64,000 Lux illumination at 0.5m. It can be adjusted between 10% and 100% of this brightness for bespoke levels of brightness during examinations. Both on/off and variable intensity functions are easily operated from the same location on the rear of the lamp-head.
Which Model Options Are Available?
There are a remarkable number of different mounting options available for the X340 LED Examination Light:
- Wall Mount (X340LW) – depending on the space in which you are working, a wall mount can offer the perfect mounting solution. It doesn't clutter the floor, and has an impressive reach allowing for versatile use. It is ideal for rooms with high ceilings, or ceilings which are not appropriate to mount a heavy medical light.
- Mobile Stand (X340LM) – the mobile mount offers more versatility than the other models available. Since it can be wheeled, its impressive illumination can be taken to wherever you need it. There is a trade-off, however, since this model will occupy floor space and cause slightly more clutter than the other models.
- Ceiling Mount (X340LC) – by lifting the full apparatus above the heads of patient and practitioner, the ceiling mounted model can offer truly unobtrusive illumination. While this mounting method is immobile, it comes with an impressive reach which will satisfy the demands of most clinical procedures. It also features a telescopic tube, which can be used to achieve the perfect height for illumination.
- Desk Clamp (X340LD) – in a standard "g-clamp" design, this is an exceptionally easy to relocate fixture, ideal for ever-changing clinical environments. As well as being easy to relocate by hand, it is very sturdy, and offers similar compact fixation to the fixed desk mount option.
- Fixed Desk Mount (X340LFDM) – easy to install with just four screws (provided), this option allows you to attach medical lighting directly to a desk or table with minimal clutter. While more difficult to relocate than many other options, this is a secure, economical and practical mounting solution if you do not expect to need to relocate your light.
- Desk Stand (X340LDS) – perhaps the easiest option to relocate, this mounting solution requires no installation and functions effectively like a standard desk lamp. The counterweight base helps to ensure the lamp stays upright in any position without being so heavy as to make relocation inconvenient or difficult. It does, however, occupy some desk space.
- Rail Clamp (X340LR) – this option requires a Daray XRAIL (sold separately) to function, but offers huge utility and versatility once installed. Not only can it be quickly moved along the rail, but even between rails. This means you can reconfigure your light arrangement with little effort whenever your demanding and changeable clinical situation demands it.
Please select your preference from the drop-down menu at the top of this page.
What Colour Is the Light?
This LED light achieves a cold light colour temperature of around 4300K. This is towards the blue end of the spectrum and guarantees a clear, undistorted realisation of tissue colour.
Will I Need to Change LED Bulb?
The LED technology used in this lamp is exceptionally durable and should last the whole lifespan of the lamp. It should give you upwards of 50,000 hours of continuous use – the equivalent of over 25 years standard clinical use!
Does This Lamp Get Hot?
One of the main benefits of LEDs over halogen bulbs is that they hardly heat up during operation – in this case by less than 2ºC. This means you can maximise the comfort of both patient and practitioner during examinations and clinical procedures.
What Is BioProtect?
BioProtect is an anti-microbial coating which is included with this examination light. By reducing the potential for microbes to propagate it reduces the risk of cross-contamination and assists in infection control.
Is This an Environmentally Friendly Device?
By minimising power consumption, the Daray X340 LED Medical Examination Light helps to reduce environmental impact and your power bill. More uniquely among LED lighting, this is a fully recyclable product, which means you can offset ecological damage even beyond the end of its long lifespan.
What Are the Dimensions of the Light?
For detailed information on the dimensions of this light please consult the diagrams below:
Are There Any Other Models of Daray Lighting Available?
We offer a wide selection of exceptional quality Daray Medical Lighting. To find out more please take a look at our Daray Medical Lighting category.
Does This Light Come with a Warranty?
Yes! Daray offer a five year warranty on their X340 LED lighting. This allows you to make a purchase confident that you will receive high-quality, long-lasting medical standard lighting.
- Light source: LED
- Number of LEDs: 6
- Light intensity: 64,000 Lux ±5% at 0.5m, 30,000 Lux ±5% at 0.75m, 17,000 Lux ±5% at 1m
- Light intensity adjustment range: 10 – 100%
- Colour temperature: 4300K ±500
- Colour rendering index (CRI): 95
- Colour rendering (R9): 88
- Light field diameter (D50): 90mm at 0.5m, 125mm at 0.75m, 175mm at 1m
- Light field diameter (D10): 220mm at 0.5m, 255mm at 0.75m, 340mm at 1m
- Power consumption: 14W, 0.2A
- Avg. lifespan: >50,000 hours
- Input supply rating: 100 – 240V AC, 50/60Hz
- Output supply rating: 30V DC, 1A
- Temperature rise on patient: ≤2°C
This lighting has been manufactured in accordance with the following standards:
- EN 13485
- EN 14971
- EN 9001
- EN 60601-1
- EN 60601-1-2
- EN 60601-2-41
- EN 60601-1-6
- EN 1041
- EN 60598-2-25
- 2014/35/EU Voltage Directive