Daray X240 LED Medical Examination Light
The Daray X240 LED Medical Examination Light is a medium intensity medical examination lamp available with a choice of six different fixtures: wall mount, rail mount, desk clamp, desk stand, fixed desk mount and mobile mount. It features a robust spring balanced neck, and is ideal for medical consultation and diagnosis.
How Easy Is It to Reposition the Lamp-Head?
The spring balanced suspension arm in this examination lamp allows for effortless repositioning. There is a handle by the head that can be readjusted with a single hand. Once left in place the lamp-head will not move, allowing you to use your hands where you really need them.
What Are the Features of the Daray X240 LED Medical Examination Light?
In order to balance clarity with usability, the Daray X240 LED Examination Light includes the following features:
- LED light source – both environmentally friendly and energy efficient, helping to cut down on power bills and save the planet
- Spring balanced arm – easy to move while also being firm and robust when in position
- Head rotation – offers a further 320º rotation near the light-source, and is easily operable by hand
- Clear colour rendering – 4300K colour temperature does not distort or mute colours
- Exceptionally bright output – reaches 32,000 Lux intensity at 0.5m distance
- BioProtect – antimicrobial coating prevents cross-contamination
- Versatile mounting options – wall mount, rail mount, desk mount, desk stand or mobile base available
- Cool running – less than a 2ºC temperature rise at the lamp-head
- Single button control – on the rear of the lamp head
How Bright Is the Illumination?
This three LED light is able to achieve a 32,000 Lux illumination at 0.5m. It can be adjusted between 10% and 100% to achieve bespoke levels of brightness during examinations. Both on/off and variable intensity functions are easily operated from the same switch.
Which Models Are Available?
There are six different mounting options available for the X240 LED Examination Light:
- Wall Mount (X240LW) – depending on the space in which you are working, a wall mount can offer the perfect mounting solution. It doesn't clutter the floor, and has an impressive reach allowing for versatile use.
- Rail Mount (X240LR) – clips directly onto the Daray XRAIL (sold separately). When installed this allows the light to be slid up or down the rail easily. It requires more set up than the other options, but is both compact and mobile.
- Desk Clamp (X240LD) – attaches to the end of a desk or table using a hand-screw clamp. Not only does this offer a versatile source of illumination at desk level, it can also be moved with ease, balancing the benefits of the fixed and mobile options.
- Desk Stand (X240LDS) – the desk stand allows your examination light to function similarly to a standard desk lamp. It takes up slightly more desk space but can be moved around easily, requires no installation and supplies the same high-quality lighting as any of the fixed options.
- Fixed Desk Mount (X240LFDM) – an immovable desk mounting solution, the fixed desk mount offers a more firm foundation and less opportunity for tampering than the desk clamp, but is also a less versatile option. It is an excellent choice if you intend for the light to be used only at one point on a desk.
- Mobile Mount (X240LM) – the mobile mount offers more versatility than the other models available. Since it can be wheeled, its impressive illumination can be taken to wherever you need it. There is a trade-off, however, since this model will occupy floor space and cause slightly more clutter than other models
What Colour Is the Light Produced by This Examination Light?
This LED light achieves a cold light colour temperature of around 4300K. This is towards the blue end of the spectrum and guarantees a clear, undistorted realisation of tissue colour.
Will I Need to Change the LED Bulb?
The LED technology used in this lamp is exceptionally durable and will last the whole lifespan of the lamp. It should give you upwards of 50,000 hours of continuous use, the equivalent of over 25 years standard clinical use!
Does This Lamp Get Hot?
One of the main benefits of LEDs over halogen bulbs is that they hardly heat up during operation, in this case by less than 2ºC. This means you can maximise the comfort of both patient and practitioner during examinations and clinical procedures.
What Is BioProtect?
BioProtect is an antimicrobial coating included with this examination light. By reducing the potential for microbes to propagate it reduces the risk of cross-contamination and assists in infection control.
Is This an Environmentally Friendly Device?
By minimising power consumption, the Daray X240 LED Flexible Medical Examination Light helps to reduce impact to the environment and your power bill. More uniquely among LED lighting, this is a fully recyclable product, which means you can offset ecological damage even beyond the end of its long lifespan.
What Are the Dimensions of This Light?
Please consult the diagram below for a clear description of the dimensions of the product:
Are There Any Other Models of Daray Lighting Available?
We offer a wide selection of exceptional-quality Daray Medical Lighting. To find out more please take a look at our Daray Medical Lighting category.
Does This Light Come with a Warranty?
Daray supply this medical lighting with a five year warranty. This means you can be confident in its long-term performance before you make a purchase.
- Light source: LED
- Light intensity: 32,000 Lux ±5% at 0.5m, 14,000 Lux ±5% at 0.75m, 8,000 Lux ±5% at 1m
- Light intensity adjustment range: 10 – 100%
- Colour temperature: 4300K ±500
- Colour rendering index (CRI): 95
- Colour rendering (R9): 88
- Light field diameter (D50): 120mm at 0.5m, 135mm at 0.75m, 180mm at 1m
- Number of LEDs: 3
- Power consumption: 12W, 0.1A
- Avg. working life: >50,000 hours
- Input supply rating: 100 – 240V AC, 50/60Hz
- Output supply rating: 12V DC 1A
- Temperature rise on patient: ≤2°C
The Daray X240 medical lighting is manufactured to the requirements of the following standards:
- EN 13485
- EN 14971
- EN 9001
- EN 60601-1
- EN 60601-1-2
- EN 60601-1-6
- EN 60601-2-41
- EN 1041
- EN 60598-2-25
- 2014/35/EU Low Voltage Directive