Daray SL400 LED Operating Theatre Light
The Daray SL400 LED Operating Theatre Light is a versatile and exceptionally bright surgical light available in either a single or dual head configuration and with a variety of mounting options to cater to a wide set of operating theatre needs. Its advanced design includes variable intensity, a focusable beam, 360º operation and an intuitive digital control panel, for surgical lighting which works the way you need it when you need it.
What Are the Benefits of the Daray SL400 LED Operating Theatre Light?
Available in diverse configurations for differing circumstances and budgets, the Daray SL400 represents some of the best operating theatre lighting available today. Its suite of high-tech features ensure dynamic lighting which can be customised to your surgical requirements on the fly with an intuitive digital display. By running cool, LED lighting helps to ensure the comfort of surgeons during long operations, so they can stay at the top level of performance.
What Are the Features of the Daray SL400 LED Operating Theatre Light?
To offer exceptional quality and consistency in surgery, this light features the following:
- Brilliant illumination – reaches as high as 120,000 Lux or 160,000 Lux depending on model
- Variable intensity – allows illumination to be customised to specific surgical needs
- Focusable beam – offers perfect illumination for precise operations
- Excellent shadow reduction – results in clear illumination of difficult spaces
- Digital control panel – makes all these variables quick and easy to change or monitor
- Cool colour temperature – facilitates excellent colour rendering and clarity
- Extremely cool running – with less than a 2ºC temperature change, guards against discomfort for surgeons
- Minimal laminar flow interference – aerodynamically designed, fully sealed head minimises disturbance to laminar flow sterilisation and purification systems
- Energy efficient – saves you money while saving the environment
- Free from harmful chemicals – including mercury, lead or CFCs
- Balanced suspension arms – offer exceptional manoeuvrability and a firm hold for the light-source once positioned
- Operating handle – in a 360º configuration around the light-head makes repositioning illumination easy
- Even intensity over a large area – results in intuitive use and prevents distortion from occurring outside the centre of illumination
- Hygienic design – helps in the management of infection control
Which Mounting Options Are Available?
The Daray SL400 comes with an impressive range of mounting options so you can achieve the most appropriate illumination:
- Ceiling Mount – offers flexible overhead lighting for 360º access to your operating table. This is the only mounting option which can support a dual-head configuration, for the most comprehensive surgical light during particularly difficult or precise operations.
- Wall Mount – compact, and ideal if you do not have a ceiling suitable for holding heavy surgical lighting, a wall mounted operating theatre light retains many of the benefits of a ceiling mount. Raised and out of the way, it offers the lighting you need without inconvenience. It is an ideal solution if you require surgical lighting in a fixed location beside a suitable wall.
- Mobile Stand – necessarily, a mobile stand takes up some additional floor space, which can be a problem in a busy surgical theatre. However, the asymmetrical design of this mobile stand means the majority of its base sits under the table. A mobile stand offers more versatility than either of the fixed options and can be moved between locations quickly if necessary.
How Bright Is the Illumination?
This wide 54 or 108 LED light is able to achieve up to 160,000 Lux illumination at one meter's distance. It can be adjusted to achieve bespoke lighting levels during examinations and minor procedures. All the controls are available together on an intuitive digital panel.
What Is the Difference Between the 500mm and 700mm Heads?
This operating theatre lighting is available with two different light-heads, in either single or dual configurations with the ceiling mount.
- 500mm (SL450) – with 54 individual LEDs, this 500mm diameter light-head can achieve a luminance of 120,000 Lux at one meter for exceptionally clear illumination
- 700mm (SL470) – with 108 LEDs – double the number of the 500mm model – this 700mm diameter light can reach up to 160,000 Lux luminance at one meter, for truly industry leading clarity
Please note that the 700mm lamp-head is only available for the ceiling mount. You can select your preferred model from the drop-down menu at the top of this page.
Please select your preference from the drop-down menu at the top of this page.
What Colour Is the Light?
This LED light achieves a cool light colour temperature of around 4300K. This is just towards the blue end of the spectrum and guarantees a clear, undistorted realisation of tissue colour.
Will I Need to Change LED Bulb?
The LED technology used in this lamp is exceptionally durable and will last the whole lifespan of the lamp. It should give you upwards of 50,000 hours of continuous use – the equivalent of over 25 years' standard clinical use.
Does This Lamp Get Hot?
One of the main benefits of LEDs over halogen bulbs is that they hardly heat up during operation – in this case by less than 2ºC. This means you can maximise the comfort of surgeons during long operations.
How Hygienic is This Surgical Light?
Both sizes of light-head feature a smooth, fully enclosed design. This helps to facilitate the most hygienic running possible in order to manage infection control.
Is This an Environmentally Friendly Device?
By minimising power consumption, the Daray SL400 LED Operating Theatre Light helps to reduce impact on the environment and your power bill. It also contains no chemicals which are harmful to the environment, such as halogen, mercury, cadmium, lead or CFCs.
What Are the Dimensions of This Product?
For detailed descriptions of the dimensions of this product please see the diagrams below:
Are There Any Other Models of Daray Lighting Available?
We offer a wide selection of exceptional quality Daray Medical Lighting. To find out more please take a look at our Daray Medical Lighting category.
Does This Surgical Lighting Come with a Warranty?
Yes, Daray supply all models of the SL400 LED Operating Theatre Light with a three year warranty. This means you can be certain that you will continue to receive high quality surgical lighting for years to come before you make the purchase.
| ||SL450 LED ||SL470LED |
|Diameter of light head ||500mm ||700mm |
|Luminance at 1m ||120,00 Lux ||160,000 Lux |
|Colour temperature ||4300K ± 500K ||4300K ± 500K |
|Light field diameter ||120 – 350mm ||120 – 350mm |
|Colour render index (Ra) ||95 ||95 |
|Colour render index (R9) ||97 ||97 |
|Temperature raise on surgeon ||≤2°C ||≤2°C |
|Power supply ||100 – 240V, 50/60Hz ||100 – 240V, 50/60Hz |
|Number of LEDs ||54 ||108 |
This product has been constructed in compliance with BS EN 60601-2-41